Unsettled, are we? It’s only natural when the entire universe is watching, waiting to see what direction we as a country, and as a world, will take moving forward.
Instead of fretting today, Amy and I offer to you a list of activities to occupy your thoughts:
- Adopt a cat or dog from your local shelter
- Eat ice cream
- Handwrite those thank-you notes that have been stacking up
- Start on your holiday cards
- Read a book
- Buy a book!
- Gift a book!
- Make friendship bracelets
- Add "refollow all my friends" to your To Do list
- Pour a glass of wine before you refollow all your friends
- Reorganize your bookshelf
- Clean your closet
- Go on a Christmas present-buying rampage
- Fill that Goodwill giveaway box that you’ve been neglecting
- Get a manicure and pedicure
- Rake your neighbor’s leaves
- Jump in said pile of leaves
- Check the batteries in your smoke detectors
- Double check you’ve set all your clocks correctly
- Laundry. Always laundry
- Learn Morse code
- Get a Ham radio (not saying there’s an impending apocalypse…)
- Binge-watch that show you’ve been waiting for
- Go for a walk
- Go to a museum
- Drink some Limoncello
- Drink some water
- Take a quick online Italian lesson and practice on someone
- French kiss
- Stare at the sunset. If it’s raining, pretend.
- Use the word whom properly
- Learn who Edward Hopper is
- Look up the names in the Acknowledgements of your favorite author’s latest book
- Buy all that author's books
- Go to the library
- Read "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe aloud in a fake Italian accent. Because why not?
- Donate $5 to your favorite charity, more if you can
- Make some coffee, tea, or cocoa in your favorite mug. Shut off the computer, turn off your phone, and enjoy
- Remember that the world will continue to spin no matter what happens
- Vote! (ok, so this might have something to do with the election, but we didn't tell you what to vote for—maybe you're judging a Cutest Kitten Contest, because that would be awesome)
It's all going to be okay. Pinkie swear.
JT and Amy
(P.S. this list was compiled by both of us, one of whom may have had a taste of Limoncello—you wondered about all the Italian references, didn't you?)